在此，我们感谢市议员Castrol Liu努力促成此次会议，感谢省议员Daisy Wai， 市长Dave Barrow， 教委 Cindy Liang和教委主席Juanita Nathan 的大力支持。特别感谢我们华人社区义工的无私奉献，仅列出出席此次会议的部分义工名单，并向无数默默付出，辛苦努力的华人朋友们，道一声辛苦了！
- Crystal, Claire, Angie, Yan约克区对抗疫情家长行动群
- Haiyan, 社区积极参与者
- Sabrina, 义工互助群主
-Hua Wei，Leo Li， Harry，Simon Cui 姐夫村
City of Richmond Hill, York Region School Board and Communities
Coronavirus Meeting Minutes
Date: Feb 10, 2020
Location: Rouge Wood Community Centre
Ontario, York Region School Board and City of Richmond Hill
• Daisy Wai (MPP)
• Dave Barrow ( Mayor City of Richmond Hill)
• Castro Liu ( City Councillor)
• Cindy Liang ( Trustee of YRSB)
• Juanita Nathan (Board Chair of YRSB)
Community representatives: Crystal, Yan, Clair, Kate, Huawei, Leo, Harry, Simon etc.
• Questions and Answers
Section A: First Line Defense
• What measures have been in place at the Canadian airports to detect new coronavirus symptoms and carriers?
• How do Health Canada and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) jointly and effectively inspect, track, and monitor the passengers who have been to China and have the suspected symptoms when entering to Canada?
• Is there a registry system which maintains the information of the incoming travelers? Or is there a mandatory requirement that the suspected symptom carriers must report voluntarily of their status?
• There is a double-checkup airplane onboarding process in China before it lands in Canada.
• There are a few things that we can do to protect ourselves including
1. Washing our hands thoroughly.
2. Don’t use soap instead liquid soap.
3. Use sanitizer. Sneeze to your sleeves
Encourage people to stay home if they come from China.
4. Self-Quarantine for 14-days.
5. We should Educate people to stay at home.
6. The province may do something to encourage employers to provide a leeway for people on self-Quarantine.
7. Communities and friends help each other.
8. Airport screening process will be the federal government decision, we will relay the information to federal government.
• Canadian evacuated resident or citizen from Hubei province, they are asked self-isolate and stay at home if they have travelled to Hubei province in the last 14 days, while travelers from the same area who enter the country by normal aircraft are only recommended with voluntary self-quarantine. Why does the government treat different groups of people in the same situation with different health measures and standards?
• How will be the people from other part of China? CDC has a recommendation.
• It is a federal jurisdiction, they keep on monitoring it. If there is anything changed, they will notify us.
• Ontario will follow the direction of the federal jurisdiction. We are confident about what we are facing.
Section B: Government Direction and Measurement
• How does the Ontario Ministry of Health judge the risk of further coronavirus outspread in Ontario?
• What pro-active control measures have been put in place or planned to prevent the virus from being imported and spread in Ontario?
• We encourage people to come back to restaurant, to their community and their families.
• Lots of organizations want to go back to their business.
• If the potential carrie4 can carry the virus for 17 or 24 days, what will we do?
• Ontario government put this virus issue as their high priority.
• The virus is pretty new, if this is for 24 days, then we might have something to change as we go.
• At this point, at least 14 days, that will be the safe side.
• If anyone feels the symptom, please call health line or call 911.
• Don’t go to hospital and don’t go to ER because of the risk of spreading virus.
• We are dealing with the over-worrying.
Wed. will be a press conference to encourage people come out do business and enjoy life as usual. Enjoy
• your valentine day and family day.
• Work together and neighbours can help each other.
• Richmond hill relies on York region on health issue, please check city’s website for the update.
Section C: Ad-Hoc Inquiry
There are two types of stories, one from China and one from Canada, they are quite different, what is your suggestion? Are we overacting? Should we disassemble the volunteers?
• You should always be cautious anytime, but cannot lock down yourself.
• You are doing very well, school board is helping the children health as well.
Is there any measure to make people feel safe especially for school?
• Student can carry small portion of hand sanitizer to school.
• Sanitizer contains alcohol and may lead to allergy.
• If kids sick, keep them at home.
• Mask is not allowed.
• When they have the recess or go to washroom, they will use the soap to wash hands.
When the virus started at the beginning, it was a low risk in Wuhan, but now it is wide-spread, what action school should take?
• We have 3 cases so far and we all suffered SARS and MERS before.
• We have to count on the public health system and follow the instructions.
• The chance and risk is very low.
• Don’t be panic and relax.
What is the school board policy for those traveller coming back from China or Wuhan?
• Whatever the public health is providing, we will adopt it.
• We suggest they “should” stay home. But not “must”.
• we cannot exclude the children.
• If we know, the school will communicate with their parents.
• How do we deal with the kids from other part of China?
• We cannot make our rules and we need to follow up the public health system.
• What will we do if the number of infection is increasing in future?
• Do we have any emergency team in city?
• What capacity do we have?
• There are 5 cases in USA that they follow the double-check process, but still get impacted.
• We ensure that our health system is effective to deal with it.
• We don’t overact.
• Let us work together.
Section D: Special Unit & Community Volunteering Program
• For families or individuals who are undergoing the self-isolation for 14-days, will City of Richmond Hill provide some assistance, such as accommodation, disinfection product etc.
• For volunteers who are helping those self-isolation people, including airport pickup, food deliveries etc. will City of Richmond Hill provide professional health advisory to avoid cross-infection?
• We will look at this question.
Provincial Government: - Daisy Wai (MPP)
1. Allocating the facilities and accommodation for traveller, International students, or residents of Canada, who recently visited Hubei or other part of China;
2. To build up the confidence and calm anxiety, publishing or propagating the public health emergency reaction plan , which includes medical care capacity, eligible isolation wards, Ontario reservation and supply condition for epidemic prevention, emergency management process, governance etc.
City of Richmond Hill – Dave Barrow and Castrol Liu
1. Providing a public health advisory contact (including phone or email etc.) to guild and advice volunteers in Richmond Hill about how to protect themselves when they pick up the traveller or residents or International students , who would like to commit the self-isolation, or when they deliver the food and other materials to those self-isolated people, or other volunteer jobs.
2. Coordinating with provincial government and looking for accommodation for self-isolated people especially for those International Students and travellers.
1. Documenting the meeting minutes; ( Completed)
2. Updating the City of Richmond Hill action plan based on the new feedback and propose the action items according;
3. Creating a website to consolidate all the coronavirus related news, tips, volunteer information, instructions etc.
3. YRDSB Ward3,5,6 教育委员Cindy和Board Chair Juanita发言。
4. Q&A 提问环节1
5. Q&A 提问环节2
6. Q&A 提问环节3
7. Q&A 提问环节4
8. Q&A 提问环节5 （文件较大约41M）